Thursday 17 November 2022

Carpentry Calling

I meticulous measured and remeasured my shelves before taking them to a Bristol Wood charity for cutting. They did it in a blink of an eye and I spent the whole drive home with my fingers crossed that I got it right. Hallelujah, they fit a dream. I got chummy with the masonry drill again and finished the job to the chagrin of my neighbours. Better yet, we adjusted their height a bit from the originals so we could better fit books and board games on them too - a fully revamped dining room in every sense.

 



Speaking of, I made one extra subtle improvement to the room. For years a gap in the floor boards silently threated to swallow up errant dice and board game pieces that should fall off the table. No more! With an offcut of wood I managed to trim, sand and fit in a piece to plug the gap. This dining room will be our DIY masterpiece.

No comments:

Post a Comment