Sunday 6 November 2022

Stovetop Soup

B&Q let us down yesterday as they didn't have the tester pot of a paint we were interested in getting. So we check stock levels of our next closest branch, drove 25 minutes to get there and they didn't have any either. Rebecca was seething with rage the whole car ride home, all the while I managed to buy a pot of our hopeful colour off Amazon. Come hell or high water, we'll have a decision on our dining room feature wall soon.

We haven't turned the heating on yet, firstly because we're trying not to give into the energy companies, but also because one if our radiators is disconnected. The house feels a bit muggy at times so we have turned to the trusty woodburner. I took the next logical money saving step and heated up my soup on the top of it once it got roaring hot. It was alarmingly effective actually, despite making me feel like I was living in a Dickens novel.



No comments:

Post a Comment