Tuesday 8 November 2022

Cinnamon Buns

 Felt bad about not contributing much baking to our Bake Off nights. Granted I've been working mostly, but now that I'm slumming it I got time to try my hand at some sweet treats. Cinnamon buns were tickling my fancy so I got ahold of a good recipe and got cracking. Made a sweet dough, rolled it out, sprinkled on cinnamon sugar and attempted the roll. This is where looked like it was about to fall apart. The dough stuck to my worktop and I couldn't scoop up my swirls without them spilling out all their filling. I pushed through the dark thoughts and learnt that cinnamon buns are rather forgiving. The final bake turned out really delicious - I bodged the icing though so Rebecca did that part.


As a chaser I rustled up some grapefruit lemonade using the technique I use for standard lemonade. It produced an incredibly fresh and honest tasting drink, though next time I'll throw in a single lemon to brighten it up. Busy day in the kitchen, think I spent more time washing up than baking though.

No comments:

Post a Comment