Tuesday 22 November 2022

PC Master Race

 Typically whenever I get a new part for my PC I call upon Louis to help me put it all together since he has all the expertise. Today was the big one though, it wasn't just subbing out a single part, it was moving everything into a brand new case. Louis agreed to help and in the meantime I started watching some YouTube videos so I could drink in a little bit of that knowledge. About 10 minutes into watching the video though, I suddenly became emboldened. I glaced into the cavity of my case, scanning my motherboard for all the inputs they mentioned. Like a surgeon doing an autopsy, I took notes and thought to myself 'I could probably do this'. 

It started with just one screw. 'I cam always put everything back to how it was if this doesn't work out' I kept telling myself. Before I knew it I stood on the precipice of no return, yet I didn't even slow down. I even found some mental bandwidth to route the cables in a decent way and keep it all neat and tidy. Then it came to turning it on. A single wrong cable could cause a lot of grief, and as a beginner that prospect haunted me. Power on. We're in.

When I woke up this morning I couldn't tell you the first thing about building computers. But I surprised myself and developed a confidence I never thought I could have in just over just two hours. Looking over at the new computer I'll remember this moment fondly, though it's only something a little daft like building a PC, it's proof of a inner capability that many of us often leave dormant.

No comments:

Post a Comment