Friday 4 November 2022

Jazz Friday

Rebecca was working from home today and wanted to make us both a batch of coffee. I showed her the ropes and she brewed a batch with the V60 while I put on some cafe-style jazz music. We sipped and worked together in the living room while the cat strutted around, hunting for chin rubs. It was a pretty idilic working environment, especially for a slopey Friday morning.

For the past 2 months Rebecca had been drumming up hype for her work due. Free bar, fireworks, live music and most importantly, a hog roast were all on the cards. Tonight was the night I finally got to be a plus one for this fabled event and I got to fill my boots with pork. The food wasn't the main takeaway though, instead I was impressed by the characters of her work colleagues. Rebecca's been a work-from-home housecat for a while so it's lovely to see her hanging out with work chums in person. I hope I didn't cramp her style too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment