Saturday 16 September 2023

Free Cake

Split my Saturday with 3 social groups:

First up was my parents. I took the trip to Newbury to spend the morning hanging out with them and getting a haircut. It won't be til next month I see them now so it was good to get some hugs in while I could.

Then I zoomed back to Bristol to see Chris and a lot of very old school friends at a board game cafe. Remarkably a lot of them haven't changed a jot, but I did rekindle a friendship with an especially old chum who lives in Bristol; future hangouts abound!

Last up was Rebecca's parents for an evening meal. They wanted to treat me for a birthday thing so we went into our favourite curry place. Just as we were about to pay the bill the owner came to check on our meal and casually asked if it was anyone's birthday. Rebecca extended a finger towards me, explaining that it was a belated birthday meal. 2 minutes later the restaurant announced to all the guests it was my birthday and here comes the cake. So I was suitably embarrassed but Rebecca was in stitches, got a free cake out of it some I was laughing too.

No comments:

Post a Comment