Sunday 17 September 2023

Slabs upon Slabs

Broke out the pots and pans to cook our house guests an (almost) full English breakfast. For our troubles cooking, Rebecca's parents agreed to do the washing up for us, all the whole I played Guitar Hero in the next room like a teenage degenerate, but hey, it's Sunday so I can do what I want. Rebecca snaffled up a Facebook marketplace deal for a wedge of patio paving slabs - 40 of them for free! Good thing I had my van because Rebecca's suspension wouldn't have handled the weight, or the filth of the slabs. Once they were collected it was time to kick back and take it easy. Feels like the first afternoon we've had to ourselves in months, I feel supercharged as a result, but even still I could do without the Monday tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment