Sunday 3 September 2023

Tiramisu Try-Hard

We had a plus one on our regular trip to the Tobacco Factory Market: a very lost Spanish Lady! She stopped to ask us for directions so we just said "follow us for a bit, then after we leave you, just keep in going up this road'. 20 minutes later we spotted her ahead of us asking more people for directions... Rebecca and I just hid in a few independent design shops until the coast was clear, we didn't want to look like we were being helicopter parents to a stranger.

I put in my metaphorical apron this afternoon to whip up another batch of my set-famous tiramisu. The last load I made was atrocious, but still went down remarkably well. This time I knew where I went wrong and spent the time to make the perfect batch and wow, this lot is miles better. Rather embarrassingly though I underestimated how many sponge fingers I'd be needing so Rebecca very graciously scooped out all the shops that were still open in a Sunday evening and returned with a post office Madera cake. I sliced it up, dried it out a little in the oven and soaked it up like usual. The results were almost identical - certainly good enough for my purposes! Hope my team likes them. One final present as we go into our final week of filming!

No comments:

Post a Comment