Monday 18 September 2023

Slabs 4 Sale

Early doors I was saddled up with a fairly innocuous job: moving a few crew cars to different spots in our car park. It was meant to be easy but Monday's like misery, loves company. My boss's car has a faulty electronic handbrake so not only couldn't we move it, but I've been embroiled in arranging a mechanic to come and fix the issue. That was the last thing I needed on a day that turned out to already be fairly busy. I'm still on the wrap gift postage work train but I'm also trying to wrangle lost and found and a few other odd jobs, I have time to do it all but I could do without the surprises.

I managed to offload the remaining paving slabs we had in our possession since yesterday too. The Facebook marketplace really is the place to be for stuff like this, a lady quickly got in touch with me about them and said it'd take her a few round trips in her car to collect all of them. Feeling oddly chipper I elected to drive them over to her too and give her a hand unloading them. She was so incredibly grateful for that, I was kinda bowled over by how happy she was. I left the slabs with her and she said I've restored her faith in humanity. I laughed at that quip, but her eyes stayed serious. 'I really mean that' she added in a way that suggested that she'd been through the wars. Anything to help out is my mantra, we're all in it together, might as well aid one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment