Sunday 10 September 2023

Happy 30th Birthday Me!

 Dan stayed over at our after the fun and games of last night so we woke up late and played video games together like a sleepover from my teenage years. We picked up a hardcore martial arts game called Sifu and passed the controller around each time we died, the game has a unique aging mechanic that seemed oddly appropriate considering I just passed another milestone.

A lot of messages in my Birthday cards make reference to all the things I accomplished in my 20's. On initial reflection, that age seemed like a decade characterized by false starts. Being let go from my first real job and wallowing around in my flat hoping for the better times to come is the mental picture I often draw of myself for the last ten years. In reality, it was an honest period of growth: graduating university, buying a house and getting into high end TV. My 20's have had a handful of lows but they tempered me and made me all the more grateful of where I am today. 

I've had a wonderful Birthday weekend, now I just have to take my first steps into my 30's.

No comments:

Post a Comment