Saturday 11 November 2023

Seven Up!

I don't know why but I'd been putting off one film series off for years and years. Perhaps I didn't know when was a good time to start, but there's no time like the present. Seven Up! is the seminal British documentary series that will go on to span half a century for the subjects, all of whom are only children now, growing up roughhousing and dreaming of their futures. I'm already so eager to see the subsequent films just to see their trajectory through life and the unexpected hurdles they will likely encounter.

Otherwise today I played a short game called Monuments to Guilt - a digital museum you can freely explore dedicated to exploring the design if public benches. Specifically, how they are now built to be as unergonomic as possible, adding bumps and large arm rests to deter rough sleepers at the expense of our neighbourly attitudes to our fellow man. Good stuff basically.

No comments:

Post a Comment