Sunday 12 November 2023

Spicy Fingernails

The Canadian maple syrup keeps on giving and played beautifully over the top of Rebecca's US style blueberry pancakes. While I could have eaten 2 dozen more of them, I never would have squeezed out of the house to do the Sunday Shuffle up North Street. We had a small shopping list this time for some more bespoke foods, top of my life was chili peppers. As a homemade Christmas gift for a few lucky people I thought I'd re-try my hand at making some hot sauce. I bought a half kilo of peppers from a nearby green grocer without much of a gauge in their heat so once I got home I did some spice sampling... That was a mistake. Another mistake was not wearing gloves while doing the prep with the chilies, I was too proud and now the underside of my fingernails haven't stopped tingling. Once they all got squeezed into the mason jar it all looks quite pretty, fingers crossed the end product isn't enough to kill a horse with spice.

No comments:

Post a Comment