Wednesday 31 July 2024

Bournemouth - Still Kicking

Even with the sun beating down on us, that wouldn't deter us from walking into Bournemouth town center. I heard on the grapevine that the high street was hemorrhaging and my eyes can confirm that. Since the big department stores have pack up there's a feeling that many shop front are just husks that may never be filled. On the flipside, all the good bits are still alive and kicking. The Lower Gardens was well kept and thriving - a chap did a blindfolded hurdle over knives and fire at one point as a bit of midday entertainment, we just happened to be at the right place at the right time. The cafe where Rebecca and I shared our first date together is still going strong too. Basically all the things I care about are alive and kicking so it's still a nice place to visit, even if I didn't end up buying anything beyond a bus ticket back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment