Tuesday 30 July 2024

Getting Toasty on the Beach

At least once a year I like to make the effort to go into the ocean, today's trip to the beach ticked that box. We slathered enough sunscreen on ourselves to just about make it through the hottest day of the year so far. I'm praying I don't wake up tomorrow with burns because when I was reading on the sand I lost track of time and felt my skin getting toasty... Time will tell I suppose. 

I'm also enjoying playing video games in the Bournemouth house living room, where some of my most formative gaming experiences took place. I'm digging crashing out on the sofa playing some early 2000's games while Rebecca reads Stephen King and reciting her favourite passages to me. Holidays are two partners for me: the activity time and the recharge time. Two halves of the same coin, both ultimately becoming synonymous in how I remember a holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment