Tuesday 16 July 2024

Turnaround Day

 On account of my very late (or early) finishing time yesterday, I was given a turnaround day. Basically a paid day off to reset your hours and to protect your sleep cycle. It was a welcome bit of respite after a such a wet and long day, but I didn't fully get as much kip as I needed. I woke up with an empty stomach, the last thing I'd eaten was a small falafel wrap about 14 hours earlier. My blearily eyes were set ablaze as I tapped in 'food' in a desperate kinda of way into Google Maps. A McDonald's was a short walk away from the hotel and was decidedly better than a petrol station sandwich, plus I could get a coffee. The limited menu item was 'The Hat Trick', an optimisticly named triple burger inspired by the Euros. I hadn't gotten much out of the football over the years so I might as well enjoy what I can get. Holy moly it was filthy. Been a long time since I'd consumed that much meat. It set me up though, I went back to the hotel and just napped, chilled out and packed down when it was time to go. I'm back home in Bristol now ready to enjoy the rest of the sleep I so badly need. I'll be over this jet lag soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment