Thursday 18 July 2024

Transport Nostalgia

I caught the bus to the studio this morning, something I haven't really done since my early days working on The Last Bus. Despite having a hire car I was petrified of driving it so for the first two weeks I rode the bus in and out of work. Time spent on the bus was used listening to albums inspired by lockdown and watching YouTube videos about speed running. Commuting on public transport is something I get oddly nostalgic about. Something about having that time to yourself as you transition in and out of the working day - a chance to prep your game face or dream big about evening plans while your music acts as the soundtrack of your life. Rebecca's car will be back with me tomorrow, but as I write this I'm on a night bus back home looking forward to laying my head down.

No comments:

Post a Comment