Wednesday 30 November 2011

STRIKE

Seeing as I normally only have a single lesson on Wednesdays I was delighted to hear that my teacher for that lesson would sadly not be coming into school today. Best excuse for a lie-in I've had in a long time.

Immediately after breakfast I watched Dog Day Afternoon which was pretty excellent. Pacino was incredible as Sonny, it was a knock-out performance throughout, and when I went online to find that most of the dialogue was improvised I was very impressed. The plot was also very tense and interesting, the tone of the film switched from comedy to drama effortlessly and I found myself dying to know how it would end.

Quickly after that I watched High Noon, a Western that got me hooked by its very 'real-time' premise of a sheriff attempting to round up some deputies in the space of an hour to defend his town. It is heart-breaking to see that no-one wants to help him out, we slowly begin to understand the mindset of the towns folk but we still admire the courage of Gary Cooper, determined to see the afternoon until the end. The eventual train approach was genuenly very tense and it is one of the mosre 'human' westerns out there.

For the rest of the day I finished off Psychonauts, it once again provided a feel good ending that left me fufilled and happy, but also more desperate than ever for a sequel. If I ever have a very large disposable income, funding a sequel is where it shall go. 

1 comment:

  1. Didn't you have loads of English work that you needed to get done?

    ReplyDelete