Thursday 1 December 2011

Bye bye beard

I wasn't really doing a 'No-shave-Novermber' this year but I was growing a beard of sorts, you can see it quite clearly in out Card-ception video. Today was the day where I would have to finally shave it all off and let me tell you, the facial fuzz was about 4 times as nasty this year so it would only take 4 times as long to shave with a dull, manual razor. 30 minutes later I felt like my old (and ironically younger looking) self but I do miss it already, my face is going to be pretty cold in the mornings now...

The Conversation was the film of the evening and my God was it good. It felt like everything Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy should have been like, it had a much slower pace that let us absorb the character of Gene Hackman which was fantastically performed, the best Hackman film I have seen so far easily. The soundtrack was also brilliant with some classy jazz numbers and lovely piano pieces, kind made me feel like I was playing a Hotel Dusk game. The plot is also very good, I shan't go into any spoilers but it does have a really good ending; I would highly recommend this to anyone who wants to see a impressive spy drama/thriller or just a damn good movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment