Monday 26 December 2011

A calm Boxing Day

If there is one thing I would hate to do on boxing day after a wonderful Christmas, it would be going to go and see the opening ceremony for a Fox hunt. Not only do I object to it morally, I just seriously doubt the entertainment value of watching a bunch of men on horses drinking cherry with a broke shotgun in one hand and a dog lead in the other, in fact, a quick look on Google images just gave me that exact image and I had the advantage of not standing out in the cold. Instead we avoided the hunt and headed towards some friends of the family for coffee and biscuits which was very pleasant. After that we came straight back to the grandparents house for some very nice dinner of turkey and potatoes. I was also gifted a very fine bottle of beer and some jelly beans.

I am currently enjoying a nice sit down while watching some curious programme with Bear Grills and a comedienne, while it is just about providing an entertainment factor an degree higher than a fox hunt, me and Louis are just making pee drinking remarks about Grills; and all is right in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment