Sunday 18 December 2011

Oh Christmas tree, Oh Christmas tree...

Today was pretty standard, got my 3DS ambassador titles which is amazing, been trying a few of the GBA games out while I have had the time. In the evening Louis and I decorated the tree while listening to Christmas hits, as the tradition goes. We knew the Christmas spirit hit us though as we glanced at one ghastly penguin tree ornament and just couldn't stop laughing.


I had high hopes for A Scanner Darkly, its a sci-fi written by the same guy who did Blade Runner (Philip K. Dick) so I knew it would be pretty good and it certainly delivered. However, like Blade Runner, the plot was a times difficult to follow, something that will undoubtedly be remedied with repeated viewings. The actual film was very impressive, delivered in an animated style that is rarely seen it is a bit of a visual treat. Robert Downey Jr was very good in his small role and provided some neat comic relief from time to time and was clearly gave the best performance. If you like Science Fiction I would definitely recommend this, it is quite underrated.

No comments:

Post a Comment