Tuesday 13 December 2011

Feeling a little more festive

The one thing I have noticed about Christmas this year is that I simply have not noticed it enough. I haven't heard many xmas songs on the radio, haven't seen any xmas adverts and we have run out of mince pies so we certainly don't have much xmas food. To remedy this I watched Charlie Brown's Christmas Special since I love Snoopy Come Home. The short had some very lack-luster animation and voice acting, and some puns I am sad to admit were not very funny, but in the last 5 minutes you feel a sudden wave of empathy with Charlie Brown that really makes it worth a watch; I don't even know how it happens but it just gets amazing suddenly. Additionally I attended the first of my Christmas parties, this time with my volunteer job, the meal reminded me just how crap crackers are and how much I love turkey and gravy. All in all, today was very important in making me feel just a wee bit more 'christmassy,' I hope this feeling lasts longer and I really do want to hear more Christmas songs!

No comments:

Post a Comment