Thursday 27 February 2014

Canned Laugher

Studio session again today. Usually, I wake up in the mornings and dread these days since previously, I had to do all the paperwork and pray that was enough to hold the group together. This time around, my team were very conscious of the fact that I produced twice in a row, so they gave someone else that wonderful little job and I volunteered for sound. And I had so much fun doing it.

I got to que up all this music Jamie wrote for us, hit a spacebar in time with our directer and even mic people up. But by far the best thing ever was the fact that I was put in charge of the canned laughter button. As well as every other audience reaction under the sun. Contestant says something romantic, I gave 'em an 'Aww.' Contestant draws a ropey picture of a girl, I gave 'em a laugh. Presenters reveals an all expenses paid trip to Blackpool, I gave 'em an ironic 'Oooooh.'

The beauty was that everyone in the team knew exactly how naff and brilliant these additions were, it was just one of the little things that put everyone in a good mood throughout the day. It wasn't just my efforts though, as it was clear that absolutely everyone was pulling their weight and giving it their all - the lectures noticed this just as much as we did so we all came out with massive smiles. I am genuinely glad that I got up this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment