Saturday 1 February 2014

Masterful Music

After handing in my uni project, I had only one other must-do job for the evening. Pick up our new magnetic knife block from Dunelm Mill. We reserved it online, to our dismay we found that they don't deliver. I decided to walk it.

It begins raining moments after I start walking, I still had another 45 minutes worth of walking to do. I braved it along side 'Trouble Will Find Me.' An album I have had in my collection for ages but for whatever reason, I never really got it. Until today that is. Walking in the rain and listening to this, unexpectedly incredible music, was a near religious experience for me. I suddenly developed compassion for the human race, a sense of well being, and even though I was soaked to the bone, I just wanted the rain to hit me harder. When the album finished I tried to find a suitable follow up to it for the walk home. I couldn't find one. I got the bus home. The knife block now rests in our kitchen as a subtle reminder of the psychical and metaphorical journey I took today.

No comments:

Post a Comment