Wednesday 21 May 2014

Big Game = Big Appetite


Many an ice-cream were enjoyed as I reunited with the 48 hour animation bunch in a little debriefing/meet-up session. I ended up eating two different ice-creams while I was there. I started off with a diddy scoop of coffee, after I ate that my taste for java ice-cream became insatiable, a 'Coffee Culture' sundae was purchased immediately thereafter. As I rattled my long-handled spoon deep into the tall dessert glass a wave of sickly regret hit me, I had just eaten an awful lot of pudding now after having eating a massive dinner (two fajitas and a burger). I believe I just about hit my limit of eating for one day.

That said, I did have it coming after working up a massive appetite while playing the excellent 'Towerfall Ascension.' Effectively a streamlined and arcadey version of Smash Bros, this game knows how to supply the fun. Playing it with Mark and Jamie, sat on sofas with a beer is just the way it was intended to be played. A match only lasts about 30 seconds and will probably cause you to develop tourettes since you will be cursing the name of your foes at least 18 times per round. Had to invent some new swear words just for this game - that's the sign of an great multiplayer game. Amidst all the fun though, I did admittedly get very distracted from the prospect of nourishing myself, imagine that as the game's review tagline:

"The game that was so good that I almost forgot to eat lunch." Theo Durrant (2014) 

No comments:

Post a Comment