Thursday 29 May 2014

Maybugs are the worst

Maybugs man. Went up to my room to brush my teeth and get ready for bed, looking at myself in the mirror while I brush just to make sure I'm getting to all those hard to reach places when suddenly a giant maybug swoops around my back. It goes around crashing into my bed, desk and bookshelf making a hell of a ruckus as it goes - no way I can sleep in this room while he's battling it out with my furniture. Jamie is called for assistance and we arm ourselves with plastic cups as we proceed to ransack my bedroom trying to catch the bugger. I should also mention that it was about 2am so while we were very animated while tracking the fly we also had to do it as quietly as possible. Catching it was a sweet victory, took him outside and tried to release him back unto the wild. Instead I ejected him from the cup where he forgot how to use his wings and make a very satisfying and meaty 'plop' noise when hitting the pavement. That was certainly enough excitement for one night - after one final sweep of the room for additional creepy crawlies, airborne and landlocked, I turned in feeling like a champion.

No comments:

Post a Comment