Thursday 1 May 2014

Good Food and Great Opportunities

My long wait is over. Insurance for the camera hire came through A-OK and everything has now been 100% booked. Rejoice! Shortly afterwards I got an email from Wildseed asking me if I could help out a little bit during the 'Hungerford' premiere on Saturday at Sci-Fi London. Naturally I said yes. In between watching the final film I will be handing out people's tickets, picking up pizzas, serving drinks and, get this, tweeting via the official Wildseed Twitter account!

Talk about exciting! It was all systems go in the house between Mark and I this evening too as we prepared for dinner. We decided to really go to town on tonight's food, I knew it was going to be special when Mark looked me in the eye and said 'Can you make a salad?' This shocked me for two reasons. Firstly, we never make salads with our meals. Secondly, Mark is the second pickiest eater I know, granted he's getting better but when I first knew him he avoided his greens like he would a Big Issue peddler.

Challenge accepted though. Spent the next half-hour pondering various websites for the perfect salad to go with our honey and soy glazed salmon fillet. I settled on making my own Wagamama style one. A trip to Lidl got me some red onions, spring onions, chilli peppers, lettuce and mozzarella. Mark took the meal up one extra notch by molding the rice with ramekins before 'sand-castling' them onto our plates. The end result look something a-likea-dis:

Plus Lidl had Radler - Eastern Europe Represent!

 Again, my phone quality fails to capture the shimmering beauty of this meal. If anyone was to ask about the secret ingredient, Mark and myself would both, unironically tell it that it was love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment