Tuesday 25 December 2018

Happy Christmas 2018!

Here we are again, another Christmas Day. Decidedly a bit more of a quiet affair this year as it was only Mum, Dad, Louis and Granny Sue round to share the festivities with. It was relaxing to take everything down a gear though and just camp out by the fire watching Dad's Army and snippets of The Muppets Christmas Carol.

In particular, the food my parents rustles up this year was really superb. I mean they always do a good job, but today everything tasted so good, from the glazed gammon for breakfast, down to the cranberry sauce with the turkey. I certainly got my fill anyway, although now that I think about it, I could have gone for thirds on Christmas pudding.

Present wise, I got a swanky electric toothbrush (because I'm an adult now) followed by a good little travel coffee cup and a lot if Vietnamese goodies. Also got a copy of Codename Pictures which I managed to get the whole family involved with - happy to say it went down well too! All the gifts I gave out were hits too, I got Dad a whetstone to sharpen his kitchen knives and Mum got a collection of wooden Nordic Elves which she proudly displayed almost immediately, and not just to humour me.

It crazy to think about not only how quickly the day came to an end, but also how quickly Christmas has come back round again this year. Feels like only yesterday I was wishing my family a Merry Christmas as I toddled off to bed, its been quite a busy year for me in many ways but I feel so privileged to be able to spend some quality time with my family.

To everyone reading, I hope you got the Christmas you were hoping for and that the day didn't go too quickly before you got a chance to show the people closest to you how much they mean to you. Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment