Wednesday 5 December 2018

Manager Meet Up and Goodbye

Had quite possibly, the quietest day at work I've ever encountered so far since being at the coffee shop. Between 1-3pm I think I only served 5 people, there were 4 of us working too and after we cleaned everything there was literally nothing else we could do aside from chat and drink coffee - I'm getting paid either way so I'm not complaining.

After closing up the shop we all hung out again at a nearby pub for our managers leaving party. It was the first kinda social event we all attended outside of work and it was nice to see everyone with a beer in them and a bit of Christmas cheer. I brought Pass the Pigs with me as a bit of a joke, but after I presented it everyone wanted a go! It went down remarkably well since everyone wanted a go and someone even brought their own copy of the game off Amazon there and then so they could play it later. After we put down the pigs, we presented our manager with a gift (a copy of Watchmen as recommended by me) and a card, he was smitten since he wasn't expecting anything at all.

It was a bitter sweet event, no one had a single bad word to say about him and we were all happy he was moving on, but deep down we all wanted him to stay. In the time I worked with him I'd dare say that we became good friends and it was especially hard to say goodbye to him once we all left. If you're out there Mitch, know that you're a damn good egg and it's sad to see you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment