Sunday 2 December 2018

StratLAN Day 4

Even though Mark was quite literally banging on my bunk bed to wake me up, I managed to sleep in until 11am this morning. So I dragged my weary bones back onto my desk for one final day of games, we were ready to stick on our PC's all day but Mark spotted a VR headset in the corner of one room. Since trying out VR, Mark and I have been desperate to play a game called Beat Saber, and today our wish was granted. It was a total revolution too, after I beat a challenging level I took of the headset and exclaimed 'That was so much fun!' I can't remember the last time I said that about a game.



A little while later, I packed down my desk and said farewell to Daniel as we hit the road. My feet and heart felt heavy after we announced we were leaving, its been a really amazing experience staying in the camper van and playing games with my close friends all day for a long weekend. In some ways, games are the ultimate rejection of reality and I feel that knowing that real life would rear its ugly head tomorrow made the prospect of leaving all the more difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment