Thursday 27 December 2018

Missing Christmas

While I know Christmas Day has been and gone, it didn't truly feel like Christmas was over until I left my parents and my Grandparents this evening. Grandma Margaret came back home with us last night and it's always nice to catch up with her especially. I bumped into her early this morning and we made a cup of tea together and that was a nice moment. With a heavy heart I bid farewell to everyone and it got me thinking about the holidays overall. In the whole run up to Christmas I didn't even remotely feel like celebrating, but now that its over my heart ached for just a little bit longer with my family. A chance to play games with Louis, help Mum with the jigsaw or do a bit of cooking with Dad, all these things came and went in the blink of an eye. I'm already looking forward to next year just so I can do all those things again.

No comments:

Post a Comment