Sunday 24 April 2022

70's Disco

 Walking home with a suade jacket on and a 'disco' shirt I bought 14 hours earlier I wonder if everyone I pass can tell I'm a little tipsy? Perhaps I am too self aware. Most other folk are in high heels, button ups, pressed trousers to even pay me mind... And that suits me fine as my head is filled with the conversations and bonds forged a few hours prior. I met with some old work friends from old jobs, all of them looked like people I wanted to spend time with. We talked about careers and relationships (and many of which recoiled when they learnt my age). Though I was at a house party, a core few of us stuck together like glue, bonded from the old times. We all laughed loudly as the party host hushed us, but we all knew we all shared a mindset. Now the party is over I think about the echos of joviality and how much I want to spend more time with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment