Wednesday 20 April 2022

Community Gamer

I think... I've finished the first pass of the script for my next video. I'll read it again with fresh(ish) eyes tomorrow and tweak it a bit but right now I think it's all there. Made a Pho tonight to celebrate and luckily for everyone I didn't go mental with the 5 spice. Turned out delicious, balenced and brimming with garlic... Just what I needed before heading out to play board games with total strangers.

While walking around Totterdown I spotted a sign for a board game night at an art gallery. I took a mental note and decided today I'd take the plunge into the unknown and I'm very glad I did. Met a bunch of friendly faces and played a handful of games I'd never even heard of before, it was a very light evening and gentle, icebreaker vibes all round. I think the owner is keen to make his space a bit of a community centre in the local area and a games night is the perfect way for people to start networking. If I'm free for future Wednesdays I may we'll go again.

No comments:

Post a Comment