Wednesday 6 April 2022

Cat Flap King

While patiently awaiting a phonecall I thought I'd try again with the whole 'taking our cat outside' thing. She bolted out the door, while I was doing up my shoes she'd already hopped onto the neighbours fence. With trepidation I watched her ponder leaping into the adjacent garden, though my heart clutched the cat treats, my brain told me she'd be fine out on her lonesome. I immediately changed my mind the second she leapt down out of sight. Re next 15 minutes I spent scrambling around, looking for vantage points to get a line of sight on our wandering kitty. Like all Father's, I mused to myself 'how long can I keep this mis-parenting time bomb a secret from my other half?' Eventually I involved Rebecca and with her by my side I felt only slightly less embarrassed to be shaking cat treats in front of all my neighbours. 

She returned to us eventually after a grand little adventure, in fact it was so good for her we let her out unsupervised for a little bit - a test to see if she could find her way home without us. Rain begun to fall and a soggy cat pottered quickly back home while I sniggered to myself behind the window.

Best part about today is how I saved us £200. We always anticipated getting a new catflap installed, Rebecca found some online and I researched contractors to fit it. One by one they all said 'if you got one already, just fit the new one yourself!' As I inspected the one that came with the house I spotted it was exactly the one we were looking to get - a bit if TLC later and it was up and running. We scanned in our cat's microchip and now only she can use the little door. Chuffed we didn't have to spend any money! A true Durrant win.

No comments:

Post a Comment