Monday 4 April 2022

Back to the Bone

Louis hopped into the car and we both drove down to Newbury to wish Dad a happy Birthday. Wine, cheese and some Bristol beers were produced alongside a big lunch and a slap up meal at a new Indian restaurant. Was nice being all together, just the core 4 of us throughout the day, though Dad was mostly working from home today I hope our presence made the day a little more special.

My parents are trying to do their bit with the Ukrainian war effort by opting to host some refugees. To do this though Louis and I would need to gut out our bedrooms, so we prepped the bun liners and hacked away at our childhood once again. I pulled down my very, very old Mario poster and purged cupboards and drawers. Louis did an almost full empty of his room, taking it back to the bone - you'd barely known he'd lived in there now. It's easy to get overly sentimental about childhood tat, for the first few hours I repressed that feeling for stuff but once it started to creep in I had to wrap it up else I'd be getting nowhere fast. Both rooms look sharp now though, ready to take on guests for certain. Plus the house is 4 bin bags lighter of gubbins.

No comments:

Post a Comment