Saturday 10 September 2022

Happy Birthday to Me! 2022

As if waking up in my own bed wasn't enough of a treat, today was also my Birthday. 29 years of age and still getting excited about unwrapping presents and facing the day. I went down North Street with a spring in my step - an Arts Market was being hosted near the Tobacco Factory and I couldn't think of anything I'd rather do than take a walk with Rebecca to one of our favorite places.

Since I couldn't make it down to the Newbury Beer Festival this weekend I thought, 'why not bring it to me?' Ahead if time we bought a crate of craft beers and announced we'd be having a fun beer and board games evening with chums. To show my appreciation to all my friends I wanted to cook everyone a banging meal. My nachos made the rounds again, once more accompanied by some salads made by Rachel - they're a killer combo that always makes people come back for seconds. Chatting and games followed with 8 of us crowed into my dining room as we made merry, drank fun beers and got competitive.

Bless Rebecca's heart - she baked me two cakes. One was a coffee cake she didn't think was presentable enough as a main cake so she did her signature Victoria Sponge too. I never dreamed I'd be worth of two cakes but I'm honoured to be loved by someone whose willing to go through all that trouble.

Credit to Lucy for getting this great action shot.


 

This was one of the best Birthdays I've had in a long while. I humbled to have so many good friends that all contributed to making the day so special.

No comments:

Post a Comment