Saturday 10 September 2022

Palace Pilgrimage

Used my mental protractor to ensure everyone's script was 'just so' for our read-through. Served tea and coffee to BBC execs and made myself useful right until the moment they were ready to go. That was my chance to sit quietly in the back and catch up on emails... Until the Producer beckoned me over and asked me to get my phone out, stand in the corner and film the whole thing. Almost an hour of standing still later, I returned to my inbox and back to my work, rubbing my poor, poor legs all the while. The read-through itself went by without a hitch, a testiment to how well planned it all was. Their always like prepping a mini wedding and come at an awkward time when people are stressing about the shoot - but the cast love them and it gives them all a chance to meet everyone.

With a little over an hour to kill before my coach home I figured a walk instead of a tube to the station would be nice. My London geography is terrible and I was only halfway there when I realized my GPS was taking me straight up the Mall to Buckingham Palace. I was never planning on paying respects to the Queen, but since it was on the way it seemed like the right thing to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment