Sunday 25 September 2022

Understairs Underworld

Come hell or high water, our shelves were going up today. I put a bracket on the wall a bit skew-whiff so I had to re-drill new holes and mount it all again. That was the easy part compared to what came next... Inexplicably the shelves that were under our stairs originally suddenly didn't actually fit between the walls - perhaps a layer of paint made the fit a bit too snug. So I had to shave off some wood. Initially I thought I could just sand it down but that yileded no meaningful results within a decent timeframe, so I instead got sawing. Rebecca kindly bought me a little hacksaw for the job on my request, but in hindsight I should have gotten a big boy saw because it took bloody ages to trim down a bit of wood with my rinky-dink saw. My iron-clad resolve was the only thing that soothed my tired arms and eventually, we had a shabby-chic looking shelf that could squeeze into our understairs cupboard. 

This was the culmination of my weekend. A job well done despite being hit with one roadblock too many.



No comments:

Post a Comment