Sunday 15 January 2023

Bisto Boat

 Didn't expect to start the day code-cracking with Mum. One of my favorite games of last year pulls a last minute carrot dangle over the player and asks you to decipher its in-game alphabet. Mum proved to be surprisingly knowledgeable in Korean characters which we then managed to reverse engineer into our understanding of what clues we had so far. I had a great epithany moment a few hours later once the penny properly dropped and now I'm decoding like a champ.

I had to put my notebook away latterly though as Rebecca's family friends came to visit. This is an annual tradition now which to me, signifies the true end of the Christmas period. It's a late social engagement and the final time I wish people a happy New year, we make merry with card games and catching up. A few years ago I was touted as the 'gravy king's by Rebecca's parents, but when it came to making the meaty sauce I totally messed it up. This year was the redemption and I mixed up a glorious boat of Bisto. I can sleep easy knowing I dispelled that demon.

No comments:

Post a Comment