Sunday 1 January 2023

Happy New Year 2022

Shoved all my dirty laundry into a bag and hopped onto a train. Rebecca and I took the London bound train to spend New Year's with some old chums of ours. We arrived just after 4pm, I blinked and somehow it's now 2am! A lovely chicken dinner and tiramisu was provided plus a near endless supply of wine, prosecco and martinis. After watching Sam Ryder wish us all a Happy New Year it looked like it was time for bed. 

Looking back on last year I'm grateful for a good deal of things. Firstly was a better work/life balance. I got back into Malory Towers, plus Gangsta Granny and my new project. In between I made room for hosting Youth for Europe, redecorating our dining room and writing several more lines for Louis' vegetables. I also climbed Arthur's Seat, clinging for dear life as the wind nearly buffeted me from the highest point. It was also the year of our Cat Edi, who arrived in March to make our house a home. Lots of little moments made up 2022, but I'm looking forward to next year all the more.


No comments:

Post a Comment