Friday 30 December 2022

Family Day 2022

After a late night yesterday (and an equally late wake up time today), I walked right onto a kitchen conveyer belt. For today was 'Family Day', the annual get-together of my Mum's side of the family who were all about to knock on our door with empty tummies. Before I could even wipe my cereal milk from my chin, food prep, washing up and mulled wine brewing was on my docet. It was a big team effort as the family dashed around to finish all the preparations and it all went off without a hitch. Pen and paper games ensued and much hilarity was had, even after most of the guests left the ink was flowing as we played 'Stop the Bus'. Hot debates were had over how bad walnets smell (Dad wouldn't conceed to the contrary in this topic), now that all the adrenaline has gone I'm ready to conk out in bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment