Wednesday 28 December 2022

Family Functions

For a change, I drove the family up to Orpington to see Grandma. Dad prepared a superb lunch for us all and Grandma kept remarking how lovely it was to see us all. We each hugged her tight as we said our goodbyes until next year, never quite feels like Christmas until I've spent some time with her in that living room.

I then hopped between a table at Cafe Nero, then Subway as I waited for my meet up, this time with Rebecca's Aunt and Uncle. Remarkably they had both watched Gangsta Granny so we had plenty to talk about while we tucked into a takeaway curry. I shared film recommendations with them and we all enjoyed each other's company until the small hours. The Uncle in particular didn't hide the fact he was delighted to be spending time with us, but especially his brother (Rebecca's Dad). I hope Louis and I end up like that into our older years.

No comments:

Post a Comment