Sunday 25 December 2022

Happy Christmas 2022!

Grapefruits and gammon, it's Christmas Morning! We gathered under the tree and watched Louis play Santa and dish out the presents. I got a lovely chunky jumper, a graphic novel and some board game bits. Not to mention a very nostalgic painting Mum did of me as a toddler. Can't wait to find a spot to put that in our home.

We shared a traditional English Christmas dinner with our Ukrainian guests, turns out a love for Christmas pudding and brandy butter is universal. I was so full afterwards I could barely manage a pair of crackers once the Sun set... After a slice of cake that was... and a few chocolates.

Just as things were winding down a slideshow of photographs from previous December 25th begun playing. Young, peppy faces of Louis and I smiled back at us, pointing at favourite presents and arms round relatives. We know how to keep Christmas well, a tradition we continue to uphold.

From our house to yours, I hope your Christmas Day was everything you wanted it to be. Happy Christmas to one and all!

No comments:

Post a Comment