Saturday 3 December 2022

Back to Bath

Barrled into Christmas head-first this year with an early tree purchase. If the internet has cautioned me of anything, it's that cats are most mischievous around Christmas trees. It's out first tree with the cat so we wanted to see how she'd react to it before we committed to decorating it. My worries were unfounded as she was totally nonplussed once we unwrapped the tree and put it up in the usual spot. We also somehow bought more than we bargained for as this year's model is significantly wider than we've had previously. It has plenty of personality though and I can't wait to decorate it.

Next up was Tree Fest, the charity Christmas tree exhibition at a nearby church Rebecca and I like to see every year. Looking back at my old blog posts I learnt that I stumbled across this event by pure chance, funny how it's now become a humble tradition. While there were overall less trees this year, their creativity had on average improved. One was made of food crates, another was constructed from crisp packets, then there was one which was a straight up robot - it wasn't a tree at all! Which is why it got my vote for best in show.

Then in the evening we joined forces with Louis and Rachel to tackle the Bath Christmas market. Challets aplenty stocking beeswax, wood carvings and pottery. Rebecca and I ended up not buying anything (besides a hit chocolate and a gaint hot dog for dinner) but left with some inspiration on gifts for friends and family. 

I confided in Rebecca that I've only got some much bandwidth for Christmas sometimes. I get anxious if I get a little swept up in festivities before the big day, else I'll be all 'Christmas'ed out'. I felt the tingle in my fingertips at times today, I permitted myself that feeling before the surge of wishing goodwill to all men consumed me. Gotta stagged the good vibes else I'll turn into Scrooge before months end.

No comments:

Post a Comment