Saturday 24 December 2022

Christmas Eve 2022

In preparation for the Christmas Eve party Louis and I were asked to hand up some external fairy lights - 64 meters of it to be exact! We went back and forth before settling on a design to wrap around the house and garden and spent well over an hour on the job, poor Louis just wanted a cuppa tea and a sit down as his lips begun turning blue.

In the middle of this I said goodbye to Rebecca as she drove off to spend Christmas with her family. So the very last person I expected to see pull up in our driveway 20 minutes later was Rebecca. She'd got an engine light after pulling away, a chap came out to asses the situation but nothing could be done this side of Christmas. And so, Rebecca's parents came out to get her and wish us a happy Christmas in person.

The party itself went very well. Louis and I made a batch of mulled wine which went down very well and I donned a pair of inflatable reindeer antlers so people could play hoopla on my head. Slightly smaller crowd than usual, but there was still a cosy atmosphere that got me excited for the big day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment