Wednesday 11 January 2023

Gliding

 Got into work early to prepare a breakfast spread of pastries, fruit and coffee. It was all warmly received and spirits were high as our HOD's clambered aboard their minibus for a wet day of recces. I helped corale the lunch orders and nailed that too. It was almost so well planned that no worthy anecdote arrived from it. Guess that's how scissors feel when they glide through wrapping paper.

Back at the ranch there was jobs to be done. With a whole tub of double cream 24 hours away from expiration I was forced to make chocolate mousse with it. Once the bowls had been licked clean I was off to help Rebecca with her desk build. It didn't go especially well. I snapped a dowel and morale depleted fast once screws didn't line up. I'd say the definitive low point was when I started bleeding on the Allen key after a classic pinch attack from a clamping bit of wood. 

See? Fun anecdotes only happen when things go a little wrong. That's life I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment