Monday 29 January 2024

All of us Strangers

A return to Monday means a return to my writing desk. I'm getting so close now to having a first draft done, the goal I've set myself is for the end of this week. I need some real time away from it so I can come back to it with objective eyes. I am pleased with it so far though, but there's a few directions I could take it that I'm not sure if I should run with just yet.

Cheap cinema tickets beckoned Rebecca and me uptown to see All of us Strangers, here's my little thought nugget on it.

The film cultivated a feeling not unlike the sensation of floating in a large, lukewarm bath. Dip your head underwater and you'll hear the blood rush and the water reverberate, you press your wrinkles fingers together harder than usual to feel despite the numbness. In that space you think a little about a lot of things, thoughts meander as you struggle to push out the knowledge the water is getting ever colder until it's too much to bear. As you reach for the towel you try to recall your bath thoughts, but like a dream they fade away. No conclusive thoughts, just strong vibes and the words to all the things you regret leaving unsaid.

No comments:

Post a Comment