Saturday 27 January 2024

Ra

Breakfast coffee, midday coffee, afternoon coffee. The holy triforce of caffeine that gets me through most everyday. In between cups of hot brown liquid I sit at my desk and write. At a glacial pace this new essay is coming together, every day it feels like I have a new epiphany that I feel compelled to tell the world about. I'm specifically looking into the function of nostalgia at hte moment. Like wisdom teeth and the appendix, it feels like an arbitrary feature of being human, but I have come around to the idea that it serves a valuable function (so long as you don't let that emotion consume you). I'm really excited to share my thoughts but it just needs a bit longer in the oven to make sure it's polished and in a place that I'd be proud to put my name next to.

Once the 'working' day was done I filled my backpack with board games and strolled up the road. I haven't been to the local games night for about a month for one reason or another and tonight was one of the best. A great crowd of people helped a lot (nerdy, but they weren't defined by their love of the hobby), we all played each other's games and got a good kick out of them. I bought my copy of Ra along in case we had a good player count - I've had it since my Birthday and only really played it the once. The crowd were super eager to try it and fell in love with it immediately. So much so they asked if I could bring it next week. I gotta clear my social calendar now!

No comments:

Post a Comment