Monday 1 January 2024

Hello, 2024

Another year behind us, who would have thought it would come around so quickly?

2023 was a strange old year for me. I basically rolled into it on Rivals, never quite catching a breath to consider the implications of a long old job like that. It was an all consuming gig for sure but it did introduce me to a lot of new people and a lot of new opportunities. I got a full suite of responsibilities on the shoot, taking care of 2nd Unit days and more importantly, learning the craft of the Script Supervisor. At long last I'm taking a step up the rungs of my career ladder, let's hope it's a fruitful step.

As for personal milestones, there's been a lot of growth too. I left Europe for the first time ever to go on a well deserved jaunt to Canada - aside from interailing, that has probably been the best holiday I've ever been on. I returned to YouTube for a bit and garnered 14 thousand views for a little project I didn't think would resonate with others as hard as it did. 

I feel I've become a little insular last year however. Perhaps I've not taken as much care to maintain some friendships or to take bigger social risks. I'm not the one for resolutions these days, but developing that side of me would be my goal for 2024. Here's to a New Year and a (fractionally) better me.

 

Best Game: Resident Evil 4 (Probably)

Best Film: Aftersun

Best Album: The Head Hurts but the Heart Knows the Truth

No comments:

Post a Comment