Friday 5 January 2024

Nonfiction Rules!

My writing desk morphed into my reading nook today. Currently a lot of the stuff I've written for the new video is a 'm o o d' but none of it feels substantiated just yet. Writing about nostalgia is a tricky business as it's such an intimate and nebulous topic, but I found a book online to read that I ended up hoovering up. I only sat down to read the intro paragraph but ended up reading the whole thing! I scribbled down endless notes, then chatted with Rebecca about it all and NOW I feel like I have a point to make for my writing! Pretty successful little session.

Sidebar. Where have nonfiction books been all my life? In my mind it always had a stigma, instead it's like learning but cool. I can feel myself becoming a better and more interesting person when I read them.

No comments:

Post a Comment