Monday 22 January 2024

Bone Yard

I had totally forgotten about one of writing techniques to curb paralysis. Introducing the Bone Yard. Whenever I overwrite paragraphs or have floating sentences I'm proud of but can't quite slot anywhere I sometimes just keep them on the page, this leads to me overthinking where to put them and then growing attached to them. If I delete them though, I might really miss them. So, I highlight any errant sentence, Ctrl+cut, and paste them I to a brand, spanking new word document where they go to die. At least I can call upon them again if I really need them, but just freeing up space is just the ticket for me right now.

I didn't just cull today though, there was a mighty yield of chicken stock to be had. House smells great and I live in bliss knowing that a handful of future meals will be enhanced tenfold by meaty broth.

No comments:

Post a Comment